How SMEs can benefit from a Shared Strategic Direction
Companies pursuing shared strategies, or strategies with similar principles, observe both social and economic benefits as well as positive brand associations.
SMEs and SMBs can leverage the knowledge learnt by larger enterprises and achieve similar benefits.
More importantly, it lets every employee can make their day-to-day decisions in a way that is consistent with the business’ strategy.
- Establishes the simple, common language necessary to effectively link all 5 Prerequisites for Business Excellence.
- Builds in the mechanisms necessary to get the whole organisation to buy-into the resultant inaugural version of the 3-year Strategic Plan.
- Develops an agreed, bold, yet achievable long-term Vision that drives every Strategic Objective.
- Has the emotional customer-focused VISION and all associated Strategic Objectives (≤ 7) required to change the business on 1 graphical page.
- Has the clinical ROLE description and all associated Key Business Processes and Key Support Processes required to run the business on 1 graphical page.
- Establishes everything needed to properly link the Strategic Plan to Prerequisite 2: Process Design & Improvement and to Prerequisite 3: Performance Measurement & Feedback.
- Has a set of Actions for each Strategic Objective complete with clear accountabilities and timing over the 3-year planning period.
- Uses standard templates and language that facilitate easy monitoring and updating of the Plan on a monthly basis via this secure on-line Portal.