- Leadership (emotional) and Management (clinical) are both necessary to effect change.
- By the time your people have worked through the previous four Prerequisites for business excellence, they will already be well versed in sound team-based techniques for leading and managing change across the entire business.
- By building on the common language and techniques of the previous Prerequisites, the additional elements required to reinforce the continuous improvement culture are explained.
- Special attention is devoted to addressing the leadership and management needs of Professional Service firms, including reference to flawless consulting skills.
- Some organisations require insights into how best to licence their proprietary technology, and reference is made to one of the best available sources of such advice.
- A key aspect of leading and managing change for many SMEs / SMBs is determining how best to configure their future IT systems.
- The planned Enterprise Architecture for IT systems needs to be aligned to all 5 Prerequisites for business excellence for optimum business performance.
- In particular, every IT system must be configured to support the business requirements embodied in the organisation’s Key Processes (and sub-processes) of the 1-page Process Model.
- Detailed instructions for how to do everything for this Prerequisite are included in the Portal.